Bronica ETRS 135W Back

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by whlogan, Nov 28, 2005.

1. whlogan

whlogan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Wonder if anyone has used one of these and if so, how it performed(s)..... any instructions would be very helpful.....would greatly appreciate email of instructions..... whlogan@loganphotographics.com...... thanks

2. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have one, and have used one.

It's a fine thing, except that there is lots of different ways to get it wrong. When you get the film in correctly it's obvious, but the next time it's just as bewildering again...

Sacrifice a 35mm film to practice loading it, and keep that film for future trial runs :smile:

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have never quite understood the need for a 35mm back on a MF camera, there is so much good 35mm gear around for a song now a days, unless you are doing pano's?

Dave

4. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    When I bought mine, MF equipment was expensive and rare. 120 film was not always easily available, and when I found out I was going on a two-week trip to Africa I bought a 35mm back reasoning that it should always be possible to find 35mm film, and that was better than no film at all.

It turned out I was wrong - 120 film was easier to find (and get developed) in Cairo than at home - and there was no film of any type to be had in Eritrea.

But by then I had started to like the 135W back for the aspect ratio, so my next Bronica buy was a 40mm wide angle lens for great panos :smile: