Bronica GS/SQ to ETR Adapter?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by lomomagix, Nov 2, 2008.

1. lomomagix

lomomagix Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi! Would anyone know if there is any available (or if it's even possible at all) adapter to mount a Bronica GS-1 or SQ-series lens to an ETRS? Or, for that matter, a GS to SQ adapter?

2. Uncle Goose

Uncle Goose Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    well, the contact points are probably the same as the ETR lenses but I don't know why you would want to do this. You would have a crop-factor. I don't think you would gain any quality whatsoever by doing this, the only difference in those lenses are the fact that they have to cover a larger area. Better stick with original ETR lenses.

3. lomomagix

lomomagix Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well, the only reason I would want to "play around" this possibility is because I already have the lenses for them. I wouldn't think of buying the SQ and GS lenses for the ETRS, especially since they're more expensive. I was also wondering if the effective focal length would change if the lenses are used for a format other than the one it was designed for (I guess it would). But, since I feel no adapters for these are available (and for an important reason unknown to me I guess), well, there goes that possibility! :smile:

4. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No a 150mm SQ lens if you could mount it on an ETR would give the same sort of image an 150mm ETR lens. Think of it in LF terms. The lens doesn't know what is behind it. The crop comes from the smaller piece of film. The same piece of film used for both lenses.