Bronica Helical mount adapter question

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by bicycletricycle, Mar 10, 2008.

1. bicycletricycle

bicycletricycle Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    i am looking for some information on the bronica helical mount adapter that was made for the S2 and maybe some other models. I cannot find a picture of one but i am interested in picking one up and adapting if for a project im working on. Id like to know about its internal diameter, total length, construction, travel, anything would help. a picture would be super amazing.

2. smieglitz

smieglitz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    You might find something in the Bronica S2 booklet. If not, pm me tomorrow and Ill measure the mount when I'm around my camera.

Joe

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The screw mount is 57x1mm. Registration distance on Bronica is 101.70mm, though that may not be relevant for your project. If you can find a dead Bronica body, you can cannibalize the mounting plate for the helical fairly easily.

Another interesting helical for long lenses is the Komura Uni Helical II for Bronica, which was designed for long lenses. There were three heads--300mm, 400mm, and 500mm. I've got all three, but before I had the 500mm, I had SK Grimes make an adapter tube for a 500mm/5.5 Tele-Xenar.