Bronica SQ 645 back issue

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by wilfbiffherb, Oct 12, 2013.

1. wilfbiffherb

wilfbiffherb Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi all,

Ive got a 645 back for my SQA which I won on ebay ut on closer inspection it looks the same as a 6x6 (apart from it saying 6x4.5 on it)!

The area of the darkslide which is visible on the film back appears to be the same size as a normal 6x6 back. Is this normal? I dont want to be running a film through and realising my compositions are all way off because im trying to shoot rectangles on squares.

2. Alex Muir

Alex Muir Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    What does it look like behind the darkslide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I own an SQ-A, but no 645 back. I would wonder though if the outer frame and darkslide are all sized for 6x6 to minimize the number of different parts between formats and there might be a 645 mask behind the darkslide.

(Somebody out of 66K subscribers must have actually seen one!)

4. spoilerhead

spoilerhead Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    a 120j back (left) vs a 120 back (right)

Both are SQ Type (i.e. ISO wheel on top)

The shells are certainly different from the inside. But both use the same type of darkslide.
    IMG_20131013_193923.jpg

edit:

The 120 also says "SQ 6x6" on the back, the 120J "SQ 6x4.5"

5. pasiasty

pasiasty Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    What is written on the left side of the insert (or how many expositions it allows)? '120' (12) or '120 J' (15)? In former case - you've got a square holder, 12 images on a film. Deal with this, square is better anyway; if you don't believe in the holly square, trim while enlarging. In latter case - it's a square holder with a 645 insert, you'll get 15 square, overlapping images on a film; worth nothing, but you may call it art and get famous. :smile:

6. ggervais

ggervais Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    On the back of the insert cover it should say 6x4.5 & on the side it you should see 120J.

G