Bronica SQAM film back stuck

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Nancy Giroux, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Nancy Giroux

Nancy Giroux Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Helllo
    I have a Bronica SQAM and I am unable to detach the 120 film back. I am following the instructions, but it seems to be stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Thanks so much!
    Nancy

2. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Make sure the pin on the darkslide is activating the locking mecanism. If the back empty you could try with the point of a knive. Be very carefull though.
    Søren

3. bobfowler

bobfowler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One of my SQ-A backs does this every once in a while. I have to kinda wiggle the darkslide fore and aft when inserting the last bit of it to make sure the pin releases the interlock.

4. dschneller

dschneller Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As Soeren suggests make sure you have the darkslide pushed in correctly so that the locking mechanism is dis-engaged. Every now and again I put the darkslide in upside down.:rolleyes: Look for the little indicator on the darkslide, I think it's a circle with a dot in the centre, and match that with the indicator on the film back.

Dave

5. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What everyone else said... I've never had one "stuck" without me having forgotten about the dark slide (which I do at least one out of three times when I change backs)...

Cheers, Bob.

6. Nancy Giroux

Nancy Giroux Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Everyone. The dark slide wasn't pushed in all the way. So everything is up and running again. I am still feeling my way around this camera. I bought the body off of Ebay and the back and lenses from KEH. I printed a manual from an online site. So I need as much help as I can get. You all are very helpful on this forum.
    Thank so much!
    Nancy