Brownee Hawkeye with reversed lens

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by nsurit, Apr 1, 2009.

1. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was intriqued with some of the images produced with these cameras, so I went shopping on eBay. Found a nice one with the original box and instructions and propmptly set about cleaning it and taking it apart (looked like someone might have spilled a sweet adult beverage on it.) It cleaned up nice and was easy to take apart. I probably did a much better job than needed as it really wasn't important to have the viewing lens super clean. I loaded it up with a roll of 120 and set out to run it through its paces. Just one problem . . . all the images were really sharp. Dang, I thought I had reversed the lens. Oh, well. Took it back apart, reversed the lens and now it is doing what I wanted it to do. Just processed my first roll of film with the reversed lens and this will be a fun one to work with. There were several images I was pleased with and will post a few when I get some printing done. Bill Barber

2. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Brownie Hawkeye took really sharp photos up to 5 or 6 feet for a simple box camera and it was cheap ($12 in the mid 1950's). That with the photographic range of Verichrome Pan made it a popular and easy to use camera.

Steve

3. fajitas!

fajitas! Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looking forward to seeing them!

If it gets sharp again, something like WKD, or Smirnoff Ice on the lens might get the effect the original owner was after :tongue: