Build your own SLR

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by cliveh, Oct 15, 2013.

1. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  2. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks interesting.

Jeff

3. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Funny, but a year ago there was more than one guy on here telling us something like this was impossible, that nobody could introduce a new film camera to the market. Where are they now?

4. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh that looks totally fun! I think I'll have to try and pick one up for a photoclass if budget allows. It looks a lot like the mini 35mm TLR build it yourself kits I see online all the time as well.

5. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Such is great for playfully introducing someone into camera interiors.

On the other hand one should consider what a great lot of more advanced camera technology one could get for the same money. And still spend some time on cleaning and inspecting its interior...

6. 2bits

2bits Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree w/ AGX, We all could get a nice 35 SLR for the asking price of the konstructor. I would wait awhile till the price comes down just like the other lomo DIY cameras that average $14.00 new in box, not the $35.

7. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I bought one, it was fun to assemble, and actually works OK. I am surprised by the image quality and found that I was willing to snap the picture without worrying too much about the result. Lots of the shots came out much better than I expected. I am very happy with this one:
    _5A_0127.jpg
    I really like the swirly background.

I have better cameras that I have paid less for and take them out much more often, but I still enjoy the camera. It is ripe for modifications.

First time posting an image here, let me know if there is a better way, I cant seem to find a guide...:whistling:

8. Fast14riot

Fast14riot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yeah, I spent $10 on my miranda F at the flea market, less than $2 on new seals and cleaning. I still get to use the wlf and have better image quality. Plus, it wont explode if i drop it. I'd rather have a 6x6 or bigger build it yourself camera.

-Xander

9. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I was thinking of building one of these Konstruktor cameras and I was wondering if I could adapt it to use a Leica bayonet to screw adaptor ring and thus use it with a 3.5 Elmar. Can anyone suggest how this could be done, if at all possible?