So, yesterday afternoon I was sitting around looking at an enlarger lens that I've had forever, and I realized that it might not be that difficult to assemble an enlarger from scratch. I built probably about half of it with a friend last night. There's a lamphouse, made of 1/4" plywood, coated on the inside with reflective tape (that foil vapor-barrier tape). The whole enclosure is about 6" square, (well, 5.5" * 6"), and 9 or 10 inches tall - we didn't measure. Underneath that is a piece of Plexiglas that we frosted. There's a 2" square open space in the middle; the rest has foil tape on the inside. The lens is held (for now) by compression into a 1/4" thick poplar board; we're going to need a way to mount it. Nothing is mounted together or in a usable form yet, but that'll be coming next weekend. We've tested it out by holding everything the right distance apart, and it works really well. No prints yet, b/c its hard to hold 3 different pieces still enough to make a good print. I'll post some pictures of what we've done so far for those who are interested.