Bulk Reels (100 ft.) of 70mm Kodak Portra 160 film

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Sparky, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    FIVE (5) rolls of 70mm Type II perforated Portra 160 for sale. Expiry 2003 but still good - those of you who've toured my space have seen my freezers... so you know I'm pretty serious about keeping film fresh. No likelihood of color shift but I'm still selling it on an 'as is' basis... great for Hassy A70, Mamiya, 4x5 rollfilm or other backs. $45 each plus shipping (shipping cost depends on where you're located). I'm in California.

Also have the Linhof and Graflex RH-70 70mm film backs available for those who are interested.

2. Sully75

Sully75 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just wondering...could you elborate on what kind of cameras can use this film?

3. Peter de Groot

Peter de Groot Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Could be interesting. Only need a back to accomodate that kind of film. I will send you a pm.

4. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi - to cut a long story short... without meaning to seem flippant... any camera that takes 70mm film... generally these would be medium format cameras owing to the width of the film. But it's a 'plug and play' solution for any camera with a 70mm back... like those mentioned above. I guess it's a bit like asking 'which cameras can take 35mm film?' - well... those cameras that do... it 's a bit difficult to give you any kind of comprehensive LIST unfortunately...

5. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There are a TON of cheap Hasselblad backs for the film type... they tend to sell for around USD 50 these days... you'll get a LOT of shots out of one of these rolls. You'll need cassettes and a bulk loader to do so however (though if you're deft in the dark, you can probably get away without the loader)

6. Peter de Groot

Peter de Groot Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok hmmm still thinking.....Don't have a decent darkroom so it would be a hassle for me....so I think i'll for the time being.