Burner Plate

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Peter Schrager, May 6, 2005.

1. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Can anyone get me in the right direction for a hot plate so that I can do nelson gold toning?. Needs to be lab spec. and used/cheap. Any help is appreciated
    Thanx, Peter

2. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    we use a warming tray that one would use at a party . works fine.
    Place a large stainless steel tray on the hot plate , float the toning tray in water in the stainless steel tray. Works very well.

3. photobackpacker

photobackpacker Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Use with a Ground Fault Interrupter outlet!!!!!!

4. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    of course

5. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Work Print?

I s there anyone who would be willing to send me a reject/work print done with the Nelson's? I have everything for it just would like to see the possibilities. Somewhere someone mentioned that you can get some great color shifts with Nelson's and WT papers. Ture/false? Best papers for this process?
    Thanx Peter

6. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    check jonathan-bailey.com,there are some samples of nelson gold on his site.yes, you can get some color shifts. toward browns, without the yellow of sepia. Ilford's warmtone paper, Forte, Begerrer tone nicely.

If you want to have some great split tones, try Hypo -alum, but do not tone to completion.

Also, with the Nelson's gold it is best to re-fix after toning with a fixer with some hardner added.