Business Headshots, confined space to shoot in

Discussion in 'Portraiture' started by lhalcong, Jun 12, 2013.

1. lhalcong

lhalcong Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This will be my only my second job for business Headshots. New challenge. I must shoot 5 hi-profile executives. They are giving me a very confined space. A small office conference room 11'x25' approximately. But there is a conference table in the middle that cannot be moved out of the way. I'm exploring the possibilities of what I can do and what to avoid. ?

I have a medium and a large softboxes and several umbrellas. Two strobes and two speedlights. But i could also rent equipment. They want one of the backdrops to be white, But I only have about a foot or two from the subject to the background. I'm worry about shadow and the white not going fully white if unable to put a light behind subject. Also no much clearance to set hair kicker lights above subject.

Any advice and recommendations ?

2. viridari

viridari Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Beauty dish is an ultimate space saver. Did this for a local business with a beauty dish and a narrow roll of white paper in my daughter's bedroom, no other lighting. With a little more room I would have wanted a larger background and some light on it.

[​IMG]
    Julie Patel by magnus919, on Flickr

3. Fast14riot

Fast14riot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  4. Fast14riot

Fast14riot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Oops! Didn't notice the OP date! Oh well, good info for someone later.

-X