Buying a whole darkroom - $400!

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by photobizzz, Apr 6, 2010.

1. photobizzz

photobizzz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just got the email I was so hoping for! An older gentleman that called to offer me a Zone VI tripod the other night ended up telling me he had a whole darkroom setup included a Beseler 45 MXT and archival print washer. He just emailed me and offered it all to me plus the tripod for $400! I know the enlarger alone is worth way more than that. He is also giving me a Schenider Componon 150mm enlarging lens along with trays, safelight ect. Now I just have to figure out how all this stuff is going to work in my small downstairs bathroom! I may go ahead and build a small darkroom in my garage this summer since I already have water to one section it wouldn't be to hard to build.

One stoked guy over here!

2. 36cm2

36cm2 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm sure he's happy to see it go to good use. Enjoy it. It's always great to get awesome darkroom gear at a great price. More money left in your pocket for consumables (which you'll go through quickly).

3. Mats_A

Mats_A Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations! I managed a similar deal a month ago. Now I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can empty out the room chosen to be my new playpen.
    Have fun.

r

Mats

4. Changeling1

Changeling1 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    "You'll never have to buy another...."

If the MXT was sold by Zone VI it probably comes with Fred Picker's cold-light head in which case you must be very careful moving/shipping it as they can break quite easily. My cold-light head was broken in transit and Calumet took it in and repaired it perfectly for $130.00 (paid for by UPS). It's a great set-up. As for the tripod, You have what Fred would say is "the best damn tripod ever made"! :smile:

5. Worker 11811

Worker 11811 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just got a whole darkroom for $200. :smile:

A Beseler 23C and an Omega. Three darkroom timers. (Gralab, Time-O-Lite and a Heathkit) All the lenses and film holders. All the trays and utensils, thermometers and measures, too. If I could get the sink strapped to the roof of my car, I could have taken that as well.

I am in the process of cleaning out the basement workshop right now. It's going to take a while to get the room clean. It's dirtier than I imagined it was.