Buying roll film in EU

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Mats_A, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Mats_A

Mats_A Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is most likely old news for most of you but there might be one or two noobs like me reading this.

I have been searching for the best deals inside EU for roll film. The prices from a US-dealer are very good but shipping cost + VAT + duty ruins it. There are several webshops inside EU that ships for a decent cost.

But today I found the best deal so far, eBay. Good old eBay. Got me a 10-pack of Ilford HP5+ for 37,80€ shipping included. That's 3,78€ a roll. Has anyone found any cheaper?

r

2. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, I buy mine from an APUG sponsor Silverprint, so comparing lHP5 it works out at £2.59 a roll, 2.99 Euros, because I order enough to get the 30% discount as well as free postage. But there's no freee postage to Finland unfortunately.

I have bought in the past from an Ebay store RK Photographic, Roy's postage is possibly cheaper to Finland.

Ian

4. Frank Bunnik

Frank Bunnik Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  5. Mats_A

Mats_A Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Excellent. Even cheaper. I knew I would get info like this if I started to brag about my purchase :D

r

6. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  7. Frank Bunnik

Frank Bunnik Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I forgot the exchange rate between pounds and euro's but even in euro, Fuji Acros is still cheaper. The same goes for the Neopan 400.

8. Mats_A

Mats_A Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe you but as I am now relearning BW on 6x6 I prefer to stay with one film until I am comfortable with it. Thanks for the info though.

r

9. Jim Taylor

Jim Taylor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just to add my tuppence worth! I buy all my film from either Discount Films Direct (prices are sometimes better for bulk lengths to roll your own) or Ag-photographic

To use the example quoted in other posts, at Discount Films Direct, HP5, 120 is ~£2.60/roll, at Ag it's cheaper at ~£2.39. I must also say that Matt at Ag is really helpful when you call, and always seems more than happy to give the lowdown on what's hot and what's not in the analogue world.

Cheers,

Jim.