C330 Eye Piece

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Sirius Glass, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I brought two eye pieces [Mamiya only had three left] for the C330 CdS Porroflex viewer of my C330. I used rubber cement to keep it in place. The first time I used it the eye piece still kept coming off. :mad:

What can I use to secure the eye piece to the viewer? :confused:

Steve

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Maybe automotive trim cement? I'd stick with 3M's products (no pun intended) check auto parts stores that specialize in paint and body supplies. Silicon glue comes to mind too, or perhaps a polyurethane glue like Gorilla glue as a last resort, but only very very sparingly. Polyurethane glues stick really well, but they also foam and expand while curing. Outgassing of any of these might be a worry near sensitive optical surfaces, but these probably aren't any worse than rubber cement in that regard. There's also bicycle tubular tire cement which is basically rubber cement, but on steriods.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  3. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How 'bout loctite? Another option would be a dab of clear nail polish on the threads before assembly.

4. maxbloom

maxbloom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Epoxy.