Cambo 11x14 Monorail Question

Discussion in 'Ultra Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by carlj, Mar 6, 2013.

1. carlj

carlj Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I've seen occasional references to the 11x14 Cambo monorail but haven't had much luck tracking down any information. Anybody have more information on these? Cambo site is short on legacy information and googling hasn't turned up anything so far. Not practical outside of the studio (or trunk), but still curious about this piece of history. Thanks.

Carl

2. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    these weren't from cambo--some dude made a modification where he put an 11x14 back on a cambo monorail--people do it for sinars most often--they sell the "conversion kits" on ebay sometimes. glennview.com makes sinar 11x14 conversions.

it's actually not the difficult to do--just get the bellows, an 11x14 back voila.

3. carlj

carlj Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, John. That explains it. I've seen those Sinar conversions on glennview.com.

4. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    yeah--glenn at least does them right--the other ones I've seen on ebay are pretty hoaky...but they do get the job done in a pinch--you use what you can.