Cambo 4 x 5 lensboard with adapter?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by colorsthatneverend, Oct 21, 2005.

1. colorsthatneverend

colorsthatneverend Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  2. photobackpacker

photobackpacker Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Well, it depends.....

Unless I missed it, the seller doesn't say what size the interior board is. If it was for a toyo, it would be 4.3" square - typically the largest of the compact lensboards. There are several that run at 3.5" square. The most common, the Technika, Wista boards are 3.9 X 3.8 inches. It is definately not one of those.

So, the answer is yes, it does give you the chance to multi-task your smaller lens boards but it has to be a good match or your buy more problems that you'll solve.

This whole rig looks hand-made to me so exercise caution and I'm sure you've noticed a $7.00 shipping fee................

3. davekarp

davekarp Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It is not the Technika to Cambo adapter board. I have one and it does not look like this. It could be the Toyo or the adapter for Cambo 23SF boards to the standard Cambo 4x5 board.

4. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It looks very simular to the Toyo adapter board I have that accepts my graphic view boards..and in the question posed, he states 10cm(100mm) square, so I would suspect either graphic adapted or for some of the Calumet boards.

100mm is 3 15/16 approx,

Dave

5. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Someone already asked what size it was and the seller indicated that it was 10cm square. I don't know what camera that is for. Hmmm.

6. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    10cm Sq. would be the old 4X4" 'C' board like the earlier Speed Graphics used. It also fits Wisner, Zone VI, and Deardorff, and others. Also likely is the Graphic View metal 4X4 board. The earlier CC401 board is 4X4 but has a little different light trap.

7. jl

jl Member

Shooter:
    Large Format