Camera Show & Swap! Kent, WA, Saturday April 12.

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by binglebugbob, Mar 15, 2014.

1. binglebugbob

binglebugbob Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Camera Show & Swap; Kent WA, Saturday April 12.
    Puget Sound Photographic Collectors Society (a non profit) 34th Annual Camera Show & Swap.
    Kent Commons, 525 Fourth Ave. N.; Kent, WA, Saturday April 12, 2014.
    Mark your calendar!
    General Admission, $5.00 @ 10:00 am. Early Admission, $15.00 @ 8:30, am. (Proceeds from this show go to fund the next year's show.)

Approximately 130 tables of all things photographic: cameras, lenses, tripods, light meters and other accessories of all kinds from antique to modern and from subminiature to large format. Images, accessories, and lots of miscellaneous. The emphasis is on film photography. You never know what will turn up.

Plus! 20 tables of displays of photographic items from members' collections.

Some tables Still Available! This show is being widely advertised and draws collectors and users from around the Pacific Northwest. If you're a local and have never been to this show, You might want to come see what you've been missing! I always go not looking for anything in particular and always find at least 2 or 3 things that really make my day.

See www.PSPCS.org for more info

2. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Giving this thread a bump.

3. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. John_Nikon_F

John_Nikon_F Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  5. binglebugbob

binglebugbob Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ries Tripods tells me they plan to have a display table (Ries History?) and a sale table. And, for you large format people, No promises, but Paul Ries's Grandsons have told me they plan to attend the show and meet Spencer and Debbie Hughes, who have owned Ries for the last 2 years or so. (Paul Ries was the inventor of the Ries tripod which was first marketed in 1936.)

This should be an interesting "mini event," especially for Ries tripod owners. I suspect the grandsons (and the Hughes) would like to meet any Ries owners.
    --Bob.

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  7. John_Nikon_F

John_Nikon_F Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Matt, maybe you want to get in touch with BradleyK and see if you can carpool down with him? That might shave a little more time off the trip down and back, since the two of you could use the carpool lane from Everett south to the Kent-Des Moines exit (#149)...

-J

8. John_Nikon_F

John_Nikon_F Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Time for the 34 hour thread bump...

-J

9. John_Nikon_F

John_Nikon_F Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Scored a few items...

1) 50/1.4 Nikkor-SC from Mike Langely
    2) black Nikkormat FT2 and 180/2.8 ED AIS from Jared Williams (son of the late Brian William, also known as microbee on eBay). Got the 180 for $100.

I *may* also be reacquiring the Nikkormat FT3 that's depicted below. Saw it at the swap meet.

I did sell a few things, so it all worked out.

-J

Attached Files: