Camera Show & Swap meet

Discussion in 'Vancouver' started by dances_w_clouds, Apr 12, 2009.

1. dances_w_clouds

dances_w_clouds Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another G.A.S. opportunity for West Coast APUG ers April 25 9:00 for early birds $15
    10:00 for the rest $ 5
    The usual collection of things you NEED. You don't know about it until you see them. I have NEVER walked away from one of these things without a few things that I REALLY needed. See you there

9523 Cameron Street
    Burnaby
    Just North of the Lougheed Skytrain station (same place for many years):D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  2. dances_w_clouds

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    swap meet

more info:[​IMG]http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pho/1117820064.html

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dennis:

Thanks for the heads up, but I think you have the date wrong in your original post.

I believe that this is scheduled for Sunday April 26 (not Saturday the 25th).

I might just see you there :smile:

Matt

4. dances_w_clouds

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OH ya !! I've got it jotted down on my calender as the 26th. Wasn't wearing my glasses & the 5 & 6 are too close together anyway. That's one of the reasons I put in an extra post so that people can look it up themselves (and I can sleep better @ nights) Thanks for pointing that out. I'm going to be there early. See you there :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  5. Dave Swinnard

Dave Swinnard Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OK, so did anybody score any deals?

I saw a guy walk by with what looked like 3 or 4 Grafmatic (4x5) holders...I didn't mug him as I was talking to a chum.

I bought a Bromoil book for $5. Attendance seemed up this year (or at least when around 10:30 it was quite crowded.)

Dave

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A couple :smile:.

A nice little Ventura 66 deluxe folder for $25.00. The bellows doesn't appear to leak any light.

Also a 6x9 negative holder for my new Omega enlarger at much less than the $70 I've been seeing around.

A cheap camera bag that looks to be a better fit for my Mamiya 645 "travelling" kit.

A really cheap lens with a Contax/Yashica mount, to enable me to test the Contax 167MT SLR body that I got earlier in the week with a camera case full of other great stuff from the local thrift store for less than $10.00 (I know, that should be in the other thread).

And a replacement lens cap for $1.00.

Actually, I came out ahead - I sold some stuff through the consignment table, and made more money than I spent.

Matt

P.S. I looked for Dennis, but didn't see him. I could have looked for you to Dave, but as we've never actually met, I wouldn't have known it if I found you.

7. Medusa83

Medusa83 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I found the selection disappointing this year and the prices really off market value. I agree that there were more people than last year.

8. dances_w_clouds

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes. Something very unfortunately happened to me on Saturday morning so I couldn't make it. Just my luck there probably was a lens there that I really could have used. With a price tag I could afford. Sometimes it seems if I didn't have BAD luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  9. bobwith2bees

bobwith2bees Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    We should have name tags, didn't see any of you.

I've been very selective with my purchases lately, instead of just buying everything I see. This year I was looking for good, RF folders and purchased a Mamiya-6 folder 6x6. I was eyeing that Pearl (Konishura) 645 folder but it had a cracked front viewfinder element. There was also a good SuperIkonta "C" 6x9 on the far wall.

For a while, it seemed very crowded

bob

10. slumry

slumry Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I scored one Grafmatic holder. It is nice to look at them before buying. Not a great price but at least I know it operates. The show does not seem to be geared for folks with American dollars to spend. A currency exchange on site would have encouraged more purchases. Or at least being able to use a credit card would have helped. I left around 1:30 and by then a lot of the tables were vacant; however, early on it was packed. I was surprised at the large number of young people in the crowd. No only that, but they seemed to know what they were looking for. I thought it was odd that there was little digital equipment for sale. I will be back next year with Loonies in hand.

11. dances_w_clouds

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you think this option would have been available to Canadians shopping south of the boarder? Probably not . With the exchange rate as it is NO Canadians want to dabble in the monetary politics on Sale Day. Was the exchange rate 22 % or 22.75 % or ? on that day. The rate could change before they made it to a bank.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  12. BWKate

BWKate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    London Drugs has these Photo buttons that you can put a photo in so we could make our own APUG buttons to wear. I'd make one and wear it to meet other apug people...

13. dances_w_clouds

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Now that is a good idea

14. Removed Account

Removed Account Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I wish I'd payed more attention to this subforum, I would have known about the swap meet in time!