Camera sold with lens test chart

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Ian Grant, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've just acquired a an Ensign Speed Reflex camera and noticed that Houghton Butcher sold them with with a lens test chart, I don't remember seeing anything like this before. Unfortunately the chart for this camera and Aldis-Butcher f3.4 4" Anastigmat has long gone.

From the Houghton Butcher advert for the camera 1929:

THE LENS EQUIPMENT.
    The standard equipments are the Aldis-Butcher f/4.5 and f/3.4 anastigmats. They are personally guaranteed by Mr. H. C. Aldis, and each is accompanied by a photographic test chart showing the absolute perfect covering power and definition obtained. These lenses, which are made specially for this camera, are a very real optical achievement.

Ian

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    On a similar note, my Jupiter 8 50mm f2 came to me with its original resolution documentation card. The card is filled in with the lines/mm from the QC inspection.

3. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    The Angenieux zoom lens 35-70 in the Eighties was sold with the individual MTF test results for that copy of the lens on the bench.

4. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've also read about this. The packaging and presentation box looked top notch. They still popup and go for a pretty penny these days as well.