Cameras that look like guns

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by L Gebhardt, May 31, 2008.

1. L Gebhardt

L Gebhardt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    This site has 14 cameras that look like guns. I think I should get a few of these for the next time I go taking pictures of courthouses and other government buildings.

I especially like the gunstock for the large format one at the end.

2. phaedrus

phaedrus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There's one on the current Westlicht Auction's webpage.
    Get it there, shoot (ha!) someone in the right location with it and win a years long holiday on Cuba.

3. Andy K

Andy K Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've seen the Zenit Photo sniper kit before. I think that today, if you walked around using a camera that looked like any of those, you would quite quickly have an aperture (or several) where you didn't want one.

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well, that's one way of not being too conspicuous about carrying a camera. Seems perfect for street photography.

5. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    David- only in Bed-Stuy. Unless it has gentrified too...

6. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well, Flatbush already has a gentrified side and a side that's ripe for gentrification, so Bed-Stuy can't be far off.

7. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I saw an article fairly recently, in a U.K photo magazine, that said that the government was going to make cameras that looked like guns illegal , I recall the piece was illustrated with a shot of one that looked like a WW1 Lewis Gun, that that had been used in aircraft in those days.

8. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Pity the government isn't making the punishment of the crime of carrying a real gun just so horrendous that even the "hardened" will gulp. Then it needs to tackle the psyche involved. In the 50s I had a machine gun and Winchester 44 that were great replicas. No problems then. OK I was only about 12 but these days it would be assumed a 12 year old might have a real one or it soon will be assumed.

We will soon all live in Dodge City which is bad enough but is all the worse when there's no Wyatt Earp to rely on and the town belongs to the bad guys.

There. I have had my quick burst on my banjo as Ken Dodd used to say and " By God, I feel better for that!"

pentaxuser

9. Aurum

Aurum Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Aaaaah the good old Zenit Photosniper. A slow 400mm lens attached to a shoulderstock.

Not bad, but by god it was heavy.

It was how they trained Russian shot putters. Send them out with a photosniper and a 200m bulk loader. Don't come back till you shot the lot

10. Aurum

Aurum Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format

The Government has practically made owning Legal registered Guns illegal.

Shame it can't do anything about the illegal, unregistered ones

11. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How do they know ?

I read a few years ago that of all the guns in the UK, the police reckon that only about a third of them are legally held, how can they possibly know how many illegal firearms there are ?, it seems that half the teenagers in the country either have them, or have access to them, and there are vast quantity's coming into the country illegally from former soviet block country's.
    The numbers of guns on the streets,is very worrying, I have first hand experience as a combat veteran what bullets can do to the human body.

12. Frank Szabo

Frank Szabo Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Evidently, your government didn't do enough advertising designed to get the word out to the criminals re: turning in their weapons.

I'm sure those who ignore the law would be more than happy to get rid of their guns - right? ( and send me some of what they're smoking).

13. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hmmm, I better get rid of my Photosniper ASAP. Ooops, come to think of it I have two of them. One brand new in a box. What to do, what to do? Gosh, the more I think of my problems, the worse I feel. I have more vintage military firearms than I do cameras. SMLE anyone?