Can anybody point me to the Kodak Tech Pub for the previous version of TMY

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by aldevo, Nov 3, 2007.

1. aldevo

aldevo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Kodak has updated their tech pub (new one is F-4043) for TMAX 400 to reflect the new emulsion.

I'd like to get my hands on the tech pub for the previous version of this film to do compariskions.

Anybody have it handy?

Thanks

2. Neanderman

Neanderman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  3. MikeSeb

MikeSeb Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    When is the new film going to be available? Looks like they are still selling the "old" version at Calumet and B&H.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you look at Roger Hicks original post I think he & John Sexton quote the Kodak Press release and it rolls out on a stock replacement basis in December.

So we have to use up the old Tmax 400 first :smile: I'll buy 20 or 30 rolls next week . . .

Ian

5. aldevo

aldevo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, that was certainly easy to find. I should have first checked whether Kodak had updated its "TMAX films" pub for new TMY. They haven't. Mea culpa...

The only nit I have with this tech sheet is that XTOL is the developer most highly recommended for TMY by Kodak - yet they don't publish a characterisitc curve for XTOL and TMY.

Speaking of characterisitc curves - there certainly don't seem to be major changes and it's hard to draw comparisons because they are offsetting their "log Rel H" a bit differently in the past.

Any thoughts on any differences?

6. aldevo

aldevo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Your mileage may certainly vary, then, as to when this new film appears at your local store or online retailer.