Can anyone recommend a good hotel Gold Coast?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Sean, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, we are looking into taking a family Holiday in Oct. from NZ to the Gold Coast. All the hotel reviews on trip advisor make my head spin, often with one person rating 5 out of 5 and then another saying "worst hotel ever!". Would be great to get some first hand info from an Aussie. We don't need to be in the middle of everything, a short bus trip is fine and we prefer a more quite stay. If anyone has some advice, thanks!

:cool:

2. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sean,

What age is your family? Did you want to be right in the middle of it, or a little away from Surfers? (whoops, re-read what you wrote! It sounds like you do!)

I can recommend Turtle Beach, but that comes with a slight caveat, as we own one of the units in there :wink:

But seriously, if you are interested, you can check it out here: - http://www.turtlebeach.com.au/

(PS, if you decided to stay at Turtle Beach, send me a PM BEFORE you book!)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
  3. Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PM sent :smile:

4. Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ok we went with Turtle Beach Resort. We have a 9yr old girl and it seems extremely kid friendly with all the pools. I was able to get a great deal thanks to Hoffy, the result also had a buy 5 nights get 2 free as well. Should be fun, looking forward to taking the little one to all the amusement areas.

5. Ross Chambers

Ross Chambers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It was a long time ago but one look at Surfers' Paradise central and we headed for the hills and rented a house for a week or so. It was in Mount Tamborine, back of Surfers' Worth the short trip if you have time I believe. Judith Wright, a great Oz poet with an environmental awareness lived there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamborine_National_Park