Canadian E-6 lab for infrared?

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by AgCl4ever, Oct 6, 2006.

1. AgCl4ever

AgCl4ever Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a Canadian lab that is processing E-6 infrared color film? My local lab (Saint John, NB) can't run their processor without the IR signals. I'm not all that keen on doing my own E-6, and would prefer to not face delays (and possible x-ray or roomlight inspection) of international mail to use a US lab.

Ken

2. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Isn't that stuff used by aerial cameras? Maybe you could find somebody catering to that market?

3. Ralph

Ralph Member

4. Cooki

Cooki Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
  5. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In Montréal, use Dafo Éclair. They work with dip and dunk systems, no IR sensors whatsoever.

Dafo Éclair
    121, rue de la Commune Ouest
    Montréal (Québec) H2Y 2C7
    Tel: (514) 286-9151
    Fax: (514) 286-9193

6. frugal

frugal Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've had a roll of Kodak EIR developed by Carsand Mosher in Halifax but they only run it once a week (because they have to shut off the IR sensors). They also only run cross-processed once a week (paranoid about it cooking the chemistry) so I think it's their "funky processing day" in general.

Anyway, it was no issue with them, I took it in, made sure they knew it was IR, they wrote on the processing envelope in big letters to not open in light and they even taped the lid of the film canister down so that the person would have to conciously open the can (just so I wouldn't get somebody just working on "auto pilot").

They have a Moncton location too so that's probably your best bet for something close unless there is something right in St. John.

7. AgCl4ever

AgCl4ever Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks everyone,
    Someone locally also put me on to Carsand Mosher in Halifax, I spoke with them and was told "yup," and got the advise to tape up the canister, label "open only in total dark," etc. I will give them a try, probably through the Moncton store as opposed to Canada Post.

Ken