Cannabalizing Polaroids for Bellows?

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Nathan Smith, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Has anyone here had experience in using the bellows off of an old Polaroid camera for repair of a 2x3 press camera?

I have a B&J 2x3 that has see-through bellows, totally shot. As much as I'd like to try making my own bellows, I don't have time for many projects right now - would pulling the bellows off of an old Land camera work? I'm looking at the less desireable models like the 104, J66, etc.

Nathan

2. glennfromwy

glennfromwy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't think it'll work. The rear is too big, the front is too small and I don't think it's long enough to be practical. I've saved these bellows from time to time, hoping to find some use for them. Haven't found it yet.

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a couple of sets of bellows around here, that would work for 2x3 real good, if anyone is interested, just send me a PM, they can be yours for the cost of postage.

R.

4. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PM sent - thanks!

5. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can't say for sure it will work at all having not tried it myself, but it sounds as though you may have bellows from the 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 versions. Since my original post I've figured out that only the 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 bellows Polaroid cameras could work -- which limits you to the 80, 80A, 80B, and J33.

Nathan