Canon 10S Going South

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by A_M_Johnson, Feb 17, 2010.

1. A_M_Johnson

A_M_Johnson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The mirror isn't always kicking up so a couple images per roll are half black.

This camera is probably not worth repairing so I'm thinking of getting a replacement instead. I can get a 10S for somewhere between $25.00 and $100.00 on E-Bay but wouldn't mind getting a completely different camera brand to change it up some.

I've mostly had Canon 35mm's, an AE-1, a 650 and now this 10S. If I get another brand entirely, what is your opinion as to what I might like? I need to be able to shoot in AV mode and have a couple of focal lengths like 28 or so and 50-60 or so. This can be two or three lenses or a macro-zoom.

2. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Doesn't Las Vegas have a bunch of Pawn shops?
    The Elan 7 is a nice inexpensive camera. Multi mode everything. If you went for a 7E you can even select the focus point with your eye.

3. A_M_Johnson

A_M_Johnson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Of course! There is one on every corner, along with a bar and a neighborhood hooker and bum. The smaller neighborhoods have a hooker that's also a bum.

There are probably dozens of Oly's in them. Good idea!