Canon FD 100 f2 Lens

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by momus, Mar 24, 2014.

1. momus

momus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I find myself with one too many "portrait" lenses. I decided to sell this one, but it is certainly as good as my Leica, and it is probably incorrect to call it just a portrait lens. By f4 or sooner it is sharp! Unfortunately, I cannot use it on my Nikon camera like the Elmarit. For portraits it's wonderful, sharp (but not bitingly sharp) at f2, and has buttery smooth bokeh. Cosmetics are user grade, optics are very good. No haze or fungus, just some internal dust and a lot of tiny cleaning marks on the front element. I shot it into the sun w/ a hood and there's no flare, so no worries. The focus is not loose, but not well damped like a new lens. You wouldn't think the aperture blades would make such smooth bokeh, but it's actually better than my R 90 Elmarit in that respect.

This was used by a pro photographer before I bought it, and it is well used for a reason. Photos from it look like they came from a classic rangefinder lens rather than a SLR. It has the same elements and groupings as the earlier Super Canonflex R 100 f2, which actually began life in rangefinder form. Whether this one is the same formula I haven't been able to find out, but it makes images exactly like my old R lens, and is a heck of a lot more convenient to shoot on a modern SLR body. US sale. $200 plus $13 insured priority mail. Sorry for the lousy pics, my wife has the good digicam w/ her. Samples are from a $40 flatbed scanner, so these are low quality scans. Please have a confirmed Paypal address. Priced $150 less than what KEH wants for one in Ex condition, and their lens won't take any better photos than this one.

$_5z7.JPG

$_5b7.JPG

$_5c7.JPG

$_57.JPG

small 12 ISO 250.jpg

small c13.jpg

small c2.jpg

small c12.jpg

small c14.jpg

small c1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  2. momus