Canon Rebel 2000, XPro

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by brofkand, Sep 27, 2008.

1. brofkand

brofkand Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was just given this camera from an extremely nice lady from my local Freecycle. It came with a 28-80 and 70-300 Sigma lens. I also got about a dozen rolls of film (recently expired 11/07, 1/08) PhotoWorks film (200 and 400 speed film, marked as made in Italy). The lenses are good lenses; they have limited (1:2) Macro capability at their upper ranges).

I have a good stock of B&W film already, but this film gives me a chance to experiment more than usual. So, I am looking into xPro this film in B&W chemicals. Can anyone give me a good site that explains the procedures and how they vary from traditional B&W processing? I have done this before and it has always resulted in a blank negative.

Alternatively, if xpro isn't possible or is too difficult, I could always just drop the film off at Target or somewhere else for developing. I'm not too keen on buying more chemistry to develop C-41 and B&W.

Thanks!

2. TheOtherEast

TheOtherEast Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    If you're serious about shooting you might want some better glass then that. I've found Sigma super telephoto lenses to be slow and soft. Luckily it has decent resale value, and is fine for casual shooting if there's enough light.

3. brofkand

brofkand Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I realize the glass isn't great. My main question was Xpro C-41 color film in B&W chemicals. Specifically, how the process differs from B&W processing since every time I've done it I've gotten blank negatives.