Canon T70 does Europe ! Members wanted !

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by proenca, Jun 27, 2012.

1. proenca

proenca Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hi there,

I have an old Canon T70 that is sitting on a shelf gathering dust so I came up with a nice idea ( or so I think ) : pass the camera around the world ( let's start with Europe ) and everyone takes pictures with it.

I know that few started this project ( with cheaper cameras ! ) and they usually get lost, but I have three good reasons for this one to work :

- every person must be accepted to enter this challenge
    - is mandatory that the shipping is with tracking number
    - and the most important of all : a good cause - Cancer

In the end, 2 photos per photographer will be selected ( that participated ) and will be created a book ( via blurb ), with 10.00€ markup price.

Those 10.00€ will be directly donated to the Cancer Society, so all this to have fun and help a good cause.

I created a website , http://www.passthecanon.com/ , go there and see the rules and how to join.

Send me an email ( email AT passthecanon DOT com ) if you want to join - check the website what is needed to send in the email.

Camera will stay with each person for a week and then shipped to another. The only cost you will have is shipping the camera to the next person ( as well the developing of the film you will use with the camera ). The book will be made in the end of the challenge and its purely optional to buy - you can participate in the challenge and NOT buy the book. Its open only to European photographers at the moment - worldwide poses a bit of a problem with customs, lets start with European Countries and see how it goes then open up to the world.

Best regards,

Goncalo Proenca

2. andreios

andreios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello, just to let you know, I tried to email you, but the email keeps coming back undeliverable...

3. proenca

proenca Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    weird, changed a few settings on the domain, please try again !

email @ passthecanon dot com

cheers

4. andreios

andreios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Still the same, I'm sending you a PM

5. proenca

proenca Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    hi folks and Andrej,

My service provider messed up the DNS settings and now the domain is locked. Long story cut short, that email will be off for a few days.

Please use my personal email adress : GONCALO at PROENCA dot EU

I'm updating the site as well !

Let those European fotographers sign up - still have so little...

6. Helgesverre

Helgesverre Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Goncalo,
    A splendid idea indeed! Question: I own the whole row of the T cameras as well as lots of FD lenses. The camera you display has a standard 50/1.8 lens. Is your intention that all shooters have to use the attached lens, or can one chose among private lenses of different focal length? Just interesting to know before I decide to join in. (BTW, the 50/1.8 lens is great, I have several of these in a drawer!)
    Cheers...