Canon VI-T Leica Thread Mount Rangefinder - Excellent Condition

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by davela, Mar 8, 2013.

1. davela

davela Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am selling a Canon VI-T Leica thread mount (LTM) rangefinder camera body. The VI-T has a trigger advance mechanism on the baseplate for film advance, although one can use a winding knob as well on the top plate (most handy when mounted on a tripod). This camera is, in my opinion, one of the finest LTM bodies ever made mechanically speaking and the trigger winder works very well, is fast and robust to use, and has a natural feel (at least for me). The VI-T has switchable internal finders for 50/100 and 35 mm lenses, and accepts accessory finders for other focal lengths. The condition is excellent with everything working just as it should. There is some minor scoring on one of the shutter curtains, which is entirely irrelevant as the curtains are metal (one the many virtues of this camera).

Price: *On HOLD* plus insured shipping. I ship to most countries and I accept PayPal, checks, etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  2. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Drool,,,,

3. chgofrank

chgofrank Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello,

I realize that this was already sold but what was your origingal asking price? Years ago I had a similar camera by Canon minus the bottom lever. It was very nice until the shutter curtain deteriorated. After many years of MF photography, I have been back to 35mm and a camera like the one you were selling would be nice.

thanks

4. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    chgofrank: That would have been called the VL or VI-L (L = traditional lever wind vs the T = trigger wind). I have a VT and it's a great little camera (not so little with the 50/1.2 hung on front).

5. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have one of these and it is a very nice camera to shoot with once you get the hang of setting aperture and focusing and winding on with the same hand. I use my ring and pinky finger to wind on and don't have to take my index and thumb off the lens. These are pretty robust cameras and hefty in the hand.