Canonet QL17 Manual - anyone need one?

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by gnashings, May 11, 2006.

1. gnashings

gnashings Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi all,

I just scanned my QL17 manual for another member here on APUG, and I thought:"hey, since I have it scanned in, lets see if anyone needs before I delete it", so, if anyone wants it - pm with your e-mail addy and I will gladly send it your way. One thing - I don't have acrobat, so I just kept the scans as jpegs.

Peter.

2. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, man. Got it and everything's great.

3. gnashings

gnashings Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My pleasure - after all the help and support I got from APUG'ers, any help is a sheer pleasure to contribute. Anytime!

Peter.

4. Gabe Racz

Gabe Racz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've joined the pages together into a single (large) .pdf file, PM me if you'd prefer that packaging.

5. smdeep

smdeep Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Peter

Thanks a lot.

:smile:
    Sudeep

6. gnashings

gnashings Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I wonder if a pooling of resources would be feasible - a sort of APUG obscure manual data base. And lets face it.. they're are all getting to be obscure. I know there are sights that attempt this - but most of them are brand specific or incomplete, or ask an arm and a leg. I don't know the technical ramifications of such an undertaing - but between the 11K+ members, there has to be just about ever users amnual ever attached to a film camera in the posession of one APUG'er or another!
    Of course, I have to stress this point - this maybe be an undertaking that would put unreasonable stress on Sean and the technical sides of this site. I certainly do not have nearly the computer/web savvy to spearhead the project, so I am just throwing out an idea. I think it would be a wonderful resource if it could be made to happen.

Peter.

7. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The minimal technical requirement would be adding a files download area that also accepts uploads. This might also increase site bandwidth requirements, particularly if the manuals are direct scans rather than transcriptions. There might also be, for lack of a better term, editorial requirements -- approving uploads (if desired), deciding what's a duplicate, organizing the download area, etc. If I were running the site, I might be concerned about copyright issues -- technically, distributing manuals in this way would constitute copyright violation. That said, I know of sites that do this, and I doubt if reasonable camera manufacturers would mind -- but some bureaucratic lawyer at a camera manufacturer might think otherwise and cause problems.

Another approach that would be simpler and less legally risky might be to add a section with links to other sites with manuals. As you say, most such sites are brand-specific (indeed, some are at the camera manufacturers' own sites), so it would be fairly easy to organize it by brand. The main drawback to this is that these sites' URLs can easily change, so it'd require frequent checks and updates to keep the links current. There'd also be no way for an individual to upload a manual that's not covered in the existing links. In principle, that person could put together his or her own site and then add it to the APUG database, but that's more hassle than just uploading a PDF (or whatever).

8. cdholden

cdholden Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Or even a collection of links to existing sources. Christian Rollinger has a helpful collection of Canon manual focus SLR docs at http://www.canonfd.com/choose.htm
    Chris

9. gnashings

gnashings Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Exactly the kind of thing I was suspecting - but I thought I would toss the idea out there. Then again, if it ain't broke... I mean, people ask for manuals, and usually, someone either has one or knows were one is located.
    Glad thses QL17 manuals are going like hot cakes - I expect a lot of QL17 shots in the galleries now that every one "knows how to use" their :D:D:D!

10. squadgazzz

squadgazzz Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Can anyone send me this manual? I have manual for GIII version only, but I need non-GIII.

11. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format