Carbon Article in Magnachrom

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by sanking, Feb 17, 2007.

1. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have an article on carbon printing in the latest issue of MagnaChrom. You can download it from this site.

http://www.magnachrom.com/MCHome.php

The article is fairly long and goes into considerable detail so one could really follow it and make carbon prints. Or, if you just have questions about how the process works you might find it interesting.

There was to have been a gallery of carbon prints, but because of the size of the current issue the editor decided to reproduce the prints in a later issue of portfolios.

Sandy King

2. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sandy, great article. Wish I had time to learn another process since Carbon has alot of advantages. Magnachrome magazine is proving to be worthwhile, especially as its free.

3. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks for your comments

Carbon is not easy. In fact, it is very, very complicated. But there is really nothing else quite like it. Or even close to like it.

Sandy

4. Allen Friday

Allen Friday Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Excellent article, Sandy. Can't wait to see your photos reproduced in the next issue, even though I know a reproduction cannot match the real thing.

5. Baxter Bradford

Baxter Bradford Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Agree excellent article, but I would have preferred to have had the technique after seeing the prints. This would have whetted my appetite created intrigue and thus would have looked forward to hearing how to create them in a future issue... any idea when the print feature will run?

My continued appreciation for the way in which you choose to share your knowledge and expertise Sandy.

6. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Baster,

You can view a few of my carbon images here.

http://www.alternativephotography.com/artists/sandy_king.html

Obviously you can not tell anything about the surface and textural qualaities of carbon prints ,which is very important.

Sandy King

7. isaacc7

isaacc7 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree, for me, the textural qualities are one of the striking features of a good carbon print. Having seen at least one of Mr. King's carbon prints in person, I'll say the obvious, he's pretty good:smile:

Isaac

8. juanito

juanito Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very interesting article Sandy and beautifull images. It makes me want to try this process in a next future. First I'm going to by your book. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

9. juanito

juanito Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very interesting article and beautifull images. It makes me want to try this process in a next future. First I'm going to bye your book. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.