Carbon Printing with Negative Paper

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by Philippe Berger, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Philippe Berger

Philippe Berger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I will tested Carbon Printing with a Negative Paper exposed with a old camera studio and developped on Negative paper
    After i will use this Negative Paper for a Carbon Printing by contact with UV light.
    Why are testing this Negative Process, link to see the process or more informations ?
    Thank you

2. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Philippe, you are using a paper negative and exposing it on carbon tissue, is that right? I've not tried that but that's not to say it wouldn't work. I don't know what kind of print it would make but good luck and let us know.

3. Andrew O'Neill

Andrew O'Neill Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Philipe, could you explain the paper negative that you will be using? Paper that you have sensitized yourself, or B/W photo paper (graded/VC)?

4. Philippe Berger

Philippe Berger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think use a B/W photo paper, i don't if RC of FB ? I exposed directly on a Camera Studio and i developed the negatif on the B/W Paper
    After i don't if i must oil, or other technical ?
    I will by contact prin,ting a Carbon

5. Andrew O'Neill

Andrew O'Neill Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    If you use RC paper, you will not be able to wax it due to resin coating. FB would probably work better for waxing. Try exposing through RC paper. The exposure will be pretty long, I image. I would take a metre reading on my exposure table through whatever negative you use and then another reading through a sheet of RC paper. Apply the exposure difference as a factor to your usual carbon printing time. Just be careful making your readings. You don't want to be looking directly at the UV light. If you have an incident metre, use that.

6. NedL

NedL Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would be very interested to see the results of this. Good luck!

7. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Interesting idea. If I recall, the negative paper and contact printing through it is fairly high contrast. This could work quite well. Please post results.