Carl Zeiss Jena lenses Pentacon six mount on Bronica EC TL

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by BBonte, May 20, 2005.

1. BBonte

BBonte Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Is there a special adapter to fit my wonderfull Zeiss lenses from my Pentacon six. I suppose I will loose the automatic exposure mode of the Bronica EC TL.

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Some people have looked into this, and I don't think it's possible without major surgery. I'm fairly sure that if it could be done, you would find examples on Bob Monaghan's Bronica site, which devotes a fair amount of space to lens hacking. Enjoy the wonderful Nikkor lenses on your EC-TL.

3. BBonte

BBonte Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    David

Thank you. I am impressed with the build quality of the Bronica, outstanding compared to the Pentacon.

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I used to have a Pentacon. The lenses were great (particularly the 50mm Flektagon), and they were really cheap by West European standards, because I bought them second hand in Poland in the 1980s, but the body was always prone to film advance problems.

5. Seele

Seele Member

David,

A lot of the pre-owned P6 (Praktisix/Pentacon six) cameras can be troublesome due to abuse in the hands of previous owners, but one which has been properly serviced and adjusted can be a very satisfactory indeed without film advance (in other words, frame spacing) issues. My Pentacon sixTL was given an overhaul by a capable technician and now it works like a dream.

Anyway, during the focal-plane shutter period, Bronica used several suppliers for its lenses, Nikon being the major one, and Komura was another. Carl Zeiss of Jena also supplied a few over a short period, and they are seldom seen nowadays; I have only seen one in the flesh so far, perhaps collectors interest took them all off the market?