Carrying case for Zero Image

Discussion in 'Pinhole Photography' started by aleksmiesak, May 14, 2012.

1. aleksmiesak

aleksmiesak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Pinholers!

I have a question regarding my beautiful Zero Image 45 and your opinion on best way to transport it. I have the 45 version with all the extensions and so far I've been carrying it in a Camelpack day pack with each individual frame in their boxes that came from the factory and the additional pieces like the exposure scale, tripod mount and cable release in a zip lock bag. My concern is that eventually these cardboard boxes will fall apart and I'll need a plan B. Does any of you have any alternative methods of transporting these peaces without major damage to the finish? I use it quite frequently so it's something I'll run into pretty soon.

Thanks for any help!
    Aleks

2. daleeman

daleeman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Really like my Zero Image but it is a 120 multi format. I use a small pelican case, (Storm actually). Worst issue I've had is if I have 120 film in it (different issue than the 4x5) and the case rubs open the shutter so I open the case and see the camera is exposing. I just try to smile and hold still for 5 seconds. Self portrait not by design.

3. iogdka

iogdka Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I use a small insulated lunch box. Depending on the size, you should be able to fit some loaded film holders in it too...

4. aleksmiesak

aleksmiesak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oooh, I like the lunch box idea! Never thought of that but that's pretty clever and won't cost as much as an actual photographers bag/case. I'll definitely have to give it a try.

Thanks! :smile:

5. aleksmiesak

aleksmiesak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pretty funny about the self portrait! This could turn into a funny portfolio of images! Do you actually get any usable images?

6. daleeman

daleeman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No usable images yet, but may work on being more still longer, so far way to backlit pointing up at the sky when I open the case.