CART HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Ultra Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by gerryyaum, Mar 2, 2016.

1. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Something to consider is wheel size. The baby joggers use a pneumatic tire of a size that deals
    with bumps & obstructions far better than hard rubber wheels.
    Another advantage is the tricycle format. It's a lot easier to deal with than either two OR four wheeled carts
    If you don't think the fabric seat is sturdy enough, it shouldn't be a problem to make of have made
    a metal frame.

2. RobC

RobC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You should have bought a Lotus 20x24, it looks like it comes with its own trolley...
    Then all you need to do is fix up a tow hitch to the car.

[​IMG]

3. mhcfires

mhcfires Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format

I would need a tow hitch, my VW Jetta hardly has enough room for what little gear I have, a Kodak 8x10 2D. Love the idea.

m

4. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No tow hitch needed.
    Get one of these.

5. Luis-F-S

Luis-F-S Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There was a cart sometime back maybe in LFF from the hunting side that had 2 large wheels and could be used to transport game that had been shot. Don't guess anyone here has a link to it?

6. ransel

ransel Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I purchased a 2-wheel wheelbarrow from the hardware store. I didn't mount the container but made a platform out of plywood. Just kind of threw it together pretty fast so I could haul my 8X10 gear off into the woods. I use tie-down straps to keep everything in place. It was only about $40.
    8x10a.jpg 8x10b.jpg

7. Brickbird

Brickbird Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
  8. M Carter

M Carter Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I do a lot of location video and photography - my kids got me a rock-n-roller cart for christmas a year back. Freaking love it, used to use a big steel dolly, but these carts are so cool, and fold down very small when not in use, or in a vehicle. And lots of accessories to customize. May not be just the thing for the OP but they're well thought out and really handy. They start at $100 - https://rocknrollercart.com