Cascade Print washer by Summitek

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by ymc226, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ymc226

ymc226 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    http://www.summitek.com/cascade.html

Has anyone used this as it seems logical and water saving as I've just come across this website.

The phone contact numbers are out of service. Is Steve Peterson still in business?

2. Richard Wasserman

Richard Wasserman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have 2 of these washers, 11x14 and 16x20, and they work very well. Unfortunately Steve ceased production a while back.

3. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    He is local to me but you will find that he has gone out of production. If you call him he can give you the name of the fabricator. It's wont be cheap.

I have several, they are awesome. I had a custom size made for my platinum printing.

Oh, the shipping isn't cheap either, but they are quite worth the trouble.

4. canuhead

canuhead Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Only have the 11x14 and echo previous comments. I use mine at very low flows but often shut the water off and leave the prints to soak overnight if it's a very late session. Wish I had the 16x20 washer as well.

5. thedancefloor

thedancefloor Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've got the 11x14 one. It came with a whole bunch of awesome darkroom gear that I bought for $100. My favorite part was the instructions. He says that if you'd like to see how the water flows through it, just add a few drops of fountain pen ink. And then there was some sort of comment in brackets like: If you're a person that still believes that fountain pens are a superior writing instrument.