Cases for enlarging lenses needed!

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by LF2007, Jul 28, 2008.

1. LF2007

LF2007 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi, I own 4 Focotar enlarging lenses ( 2 x Focotar 40 and 2 x Focotar 50) which I have been able to buy at a good price. They came without the plastic cases (screwmount) in which enlarger lenses are usually stored. Anyone willing to sell his/ her cases to me?? Thanks

2. ZorkiKat

ZorkiKat Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you don't need the "right" cases and just need suitable containers to store your lenses in, try using small plastic tupperware-like boxes. These are water and air-tight so moisture can come in to harm the lenses.

3. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My enlarging lenses stay on lensboards

I then make a little matte board holder that they slide into, and are suspended from. A couple of wooden spacer, and screws secure this to the underside of shelf that sits behind the enlarger.

Pull one lens, and hang it, slide the other lens out, attach the lens board to the enlarger, swap neg carriers, and reset diffusuion boxes or condenser lens sets/settings and away you go for another format.

4. George Collier

George Collier Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If I'm right, these lenses have the same Leica mount thread that El Nikkor lenses have, they might be easier to come by.

5. ath

ath Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  6. ZoneIII

ZoneIII Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I use padded lens cases - those black leatherette things - and also Tuppeware containers like someone else suggested. I also store a couple of my enlarger lenses in the plastic containers that ready-made cake frosting comes in which is a sweet solution. :smile: There are endless containers that you can use for this purpose. You probably already have containers that will work already. The storage containers that enlarging lenses come in are nice - and I have some of those too - but they are definitely not necessary. But if you really want them, you can probably find them on eBay.