Celebrate "Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day" (WPPD) on Sunday 2013, April 28th

Discussion in 'Pinhole Photography' started by TheToadMen, Jan 25, 2013.

1. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Every year there is a "Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day" (WPPD). The next one in 2013 will be on Sunday April, the 28th. As they put it on www.pinholeday.org: "Anyone, anywhere in the world, who makes a pinhole photograph on the last Sunday in April, can scan it and upload it to this website where it will become part of the annual Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day celebration's online gallery."
    To get inspired again, check out the submissions to the WPPD gallery in 2012: http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery.

I also posted the question "How you are going to celebrate the WPPD this year" in the Pinhole Group on this APUG forum. May I invite you to the group and reply to my question there?
    Link to my question in the Pinhole Group on APUG

Thanks,
    Bert from Holland

2. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    WARNING: less than 2 months to go for preparations ....
    Is your new pinhole camera ready and loaded for April, 28th 2013??
    Final-preparations-on-a-replacement-magnet-ready-to-be-lowered-into-sector-3-4-on-November-27th-.jpg 648870main_pia15682-43_946-710.jpg

3. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
  4. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Just wanted to let you all know: exactly 4 weeks to go to the next "Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day" (WPPD) on Sunday 2013, April 28th.

I'm gonna shoot some film with my new 6x18 cm pinhole camera.
    6x18_pinhole_camera_Natasha.jpg

I aslo got some Maco Genius film sheets (18x24 cm) I'm gonna use in my old Russian FKD field camera. I only have to make a lensboard with a pinhole.
    camera-FKD-13x18-group.jpg

5. Clay2

Clay2 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Only one week to go!!
    Next Sunday (28th of April, 2013) is the next "Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day" (WPPD).
    To get inspired again, check out the submissions to the WPPD gallery from last year: http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery.
    And please let us know how you spent it.

7. Dr Croubie

Dr Croubie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My weather forecast is 23 and 'a few showers', so not sure where i'll be heading yet.
    My camera forecast is EOS 3 and Kiev88CM.
    My lens forecast is pinhole, zone plate, zone sieve, lensbaby wide/tele adapters (yes, they do work on pinhole), and a 0.25 fisheye adapter.
    My film forecast is probably a lot of rolls of Velvia that expired in 1991 (and not sure how i'm going to precess, E6 and/or C41)

8. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My much-loved Zero Image 6x9 multiformat (set for 6x6) running ACROS 100 is ready to go. We're going a-hunting for obscure rainforest waterfalls on Sunday, but with this big dry we're having in the deep south of Victoria, Australia we might only find a trickle. Still, a big day planned for celebrating the original camera obscura. :smile:

9. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    My 75mm 4x5 just showed up. MUAH HA HA!

10. NedL

NedL Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    HelloKittyCam built, exposure tested with small ( 5x7! ) scraps of photo paper, got the tray for developing 11x14 this morning. All set.

11. 02Pilot

02Pilot Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Got my Brownie Six-20 conversion ready to go. Not sure what I'll be shooting or where, but I've got several rolls of Acros 100 at the ready, and a few of Kodak Ektar 100 if I get particularly ambitious.

12. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My 8x10 is ready to be tested tomorrow. It's definitely an "adapt and modify" version - doesn't look pretty, but might work. I also have a pinhole in a lensboard for the 4x5 just in case. I know that one works. It's supposed to be partly cloudy here, so maybe I'll try to make a busy spot look empty with a long exposure.

13. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As is my habit, I am making a complicated engineering and woodworking project out of an 8x10 (in between a bunch of other things trying to happen). There are a few more design issues to be addressed, but an oak frame that establishes the dimensions and secures the filmholder is sitting in the workshop with glue drying. Nothing like last minute! But then I do have a functional 4x5 if the new project misses the deadline.

(Hmm -- compound miters -- yeah, I must be crazy. :blink: )

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have my Cigar Box Polaroid pinhole ready to Go!! Love using this thing, it's so convenient!

16. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    CONGRATULATIONS !!

Today is Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day (WPPD).
    So go out, shoot some pinholes, have fun and post your results on www.pinholeday.org.

And don't forget to leave a message here to let us know you did ;-)

17. Dr Croubie

Dr Croubie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Woo!
    Just got back from my walk, took the Bessa L with Velvia 50 (a roll that I borked and re-rolled into an empty, so it may or may not have light leaks or be totally white), EOS 3 with Provia 400 (a bulk expired roll I split into canisters myself), 7D for chimping and didn't even take it out of my bag (so no samples until the films get developed), and a Kiev 88CM with a back of Pan F 50 and one of very well expired Provia 100F.

And now Kiev syndrome strikes, I can't get the back open to get the PanF50 out. sigh. That's a job for tomorrow night...

18. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A few days ago there was a report on german public radio about this day. The first timer ever I heard this topic being reported on over here.
    It is telling that a US pinhole-photographer (seemingly interviewd by the US-correspondant) had to be interviewd.

19. mfohl

mfohl Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just finished 8 exposures with my Zero Image set at 6x9. In miserable conditions, I might add. Snow, sharp gusts of wind, and temperature just about freezing. I am in Akureyri, Iceland.

But today is WPPD, and I am obliged to go out and shoot ...

20. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My Zero45 & 2 backs loaded with Foma 200 is ready to go. But it's overcast flat grey shadowless & it looks rather uninspiring ... though I've had enough snow, sharp gusts of wind and freezing temperatures this year so I'm glad I'm not in Iceland!

21. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Taking mine up to the mountain today, will post pics when I get a chance.

22. Cybertrash

Cybertrash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Attended a pinhole workshop today, built a camera from a wine box. Here's the picture I submitted to pinholeday.org

23. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I took out a newly built 8x10 -- so new it still smells of varnish! I fear I really cut this one down to the wire. At the end I was fighting sunset trying to do a quick test yesterday, but cobbled together as much info as I could. Today I set out for destination #1 (Lock Ridge Furnace in Alburtis, PA) with my entire inventory of two 8x10 filmholders loaded with Arista EDU #2 grade RC paper. I also took my previous creation, a 4x5 and a few holders loaded with that paper, plus some Arista Ultra 100 film.

The plan was that destination #2 was in the opposite direction from my house, so I came home to develop the 8x10s and see what I got, figuring to adjust and try again if need be. To my pleasant surprise, all four 8x10 shots look promising (they are washing as I e-speak) so I've decided to call it a day, as the sudden onrush of spring is producing lots of yard work. :confused:

I will next develop the four 4x5 films with some trepidation. The f-stops of the two cameras are different, and film has a significant reciprocity failure so I have these tables ... I also have a Sekonic L-508 that can deal with two ISO settings. Alas, I think I may have made every possible permutation of wrong table columns/wrong ISO measurement. But I view pinhole as a sort of loose process anyway, so we'll just forge ahead. Since the paper negatives look decent, I'll not worry about the film.

Heartwarming, the first sight that greeted me as I approached this historic site was a guy with an Arca Swiss monorail measuring away with a Sekonic spot meter. He was shooting B&W and impressed with my pinhole monster. We had a good chat, and I mentioned APUG. There was also a group of folks exercising cameras on a model, using the old stone ruins as a backdrop. I imagine they were electrocuting defenseless bits, but the place was busy.

When I get the stuff dry enough to scan, I'll post one or two somewhere here.

24. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I shot five 120 roll films today with three cameras:
    - Natasha 617 (four negatives of 6x17 cm on one film)
    6x18_pinhole_camera_Natasha.jpg
    - old Gevabox, converted into a pinhole camera by me (negatives 6x9 cm)
    gevabox_camera_org2.jpg
    - Agfa Clack, converted into a pinhole camera by me (negatives 6x6 cm).
    agfa-click1.jpg
    It was a lovely day with lots of sunshine. I took a walk of about 3 hours shooting flowers, trees, fields,
    a small creek and some sheep. Since it was all outdated colour film, I can't develop it myself.
    I'll send it off this week and will post some images later.

25. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Hi Dave,
    I took a peek at your camera on your site and it looks great! I especially like the cone shaped front. Can't wait to see your images.

26. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just tray-developed 2 sheets of 5x4 Foma 200 in APH09 1:50, shot in my Zero45
    Took me "n" minutes to realise my darkroom timer had stopped working, so I guesstimated the time. Annoying but it was sort of OK in the end

One well exposed and properly developed, the other I now realise I made a complete cock of, incorrectly calculating the exposure+reciprocity and so is grossly underexposed. Very thin, very annoying, Pity as it what is there looks as if it should have been quite pleasing.