Cervees Extra Rapid Portrait 3A--a B&L private label?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by mattk, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mattk

mattk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I just picked up a Cervees Extra Rapid Portrait 3A marked New York Lens Co. From what I gather searching the threads it is another B&L private label. It has a diffusion adjustment in the form of a rotating front element (and I have read that the element should reside on the rear of the lens). Curious if anyone has seen or heard of the lens. I have found it listed in old sales ads listed as f/4.

It looks ldentical to this:

Attached Files:

2. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Matt, long time no speak... It looks like a lens modeled after the dallmeyer 3a.... If that is the case, then i think the soft focus should be on the back.

3. mattk

mattk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thats what I understand. Looks like B&L made these several labels (Hyatt etc). I pick it up tomorrow and will start the tinkering. I wasn't bidding against you on it what I ? I figured it was someone local (its in Red Wing).

4. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No... Was not me bidding.. I have all the petzvals i need for now... Just playing with a darlot cone lens over the weekend :smile: sigh....