CHAMONIX 045 N1

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by baritato, Jul 26, 2013.

1. baritato

baritato Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    HI Guys, I got a one simple question on this camera.
    On the base of camera are five holes in wich i can put the connector of front strandart, but without the focal length indication.
    So now i use an 135mm lens, but i'm not sure in wich of five hole i have to put...(lol) the front standart connector. I think in the third after the measurement with a meter the distance by the rear standart and the lens shutter in this position, but i hope to give more information on it.
    Thank you very much!
    Gianluca

2. Mark_S

Mark_S Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It will depend both on focal length, and the distance to your subject. If you are doing landscape, focusing at infinity, then when everything is in focus your lens will be about 5 1/2 " from your ground glass, so pick the hole which would allow you to turn the focus knob and adjust either side of this. If focusing on something closer, the lens will be further away, and you will want to use one of the holes that is further from the ground glass.

3. baritato

baritato Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thank you Mark,
    so i read also in the AA's the camera book, the rule of exposure factor adjustment for bellows extra extension: F= BELLOWS EXTENSION / LENS FOCAL LENGTH, for adjusting the exposure.
    Thanks a lot.
    Gianluca

4. rorye

rorye Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Barito, I believe those numbers are squared, ie Extension 2/Focal length 2.
    I learned that one the hard way!

5. baritato

baritato Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Rorye, you are right! are squared!
    Thank you!