Champion Suprol

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by buggleskelly, Jul 4, 2011.

1. buggleskelly

buggleskelly Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All, first post!!
    I've been experimenting with stand development in Rodinal 1+100, Legacy Pro 100, and my time is 1 hour 30 minutes, which gives me a nice, fully tonal print on grade 2.
    However, I tried stand dev with Suprol 1+100 for 1 hour 10 minutes, 30 sec initial agitation, and 6 inversions half way through, and the negs look lovely!!
    I'll post some images soon.
    We changed to Suprol at the college I used to work at in the 90s, as we had problems with mealy grain with ID11, and it gives a lovely negative
    Suprol is cheap, long lasting and doubles as a paper dev.
    One question: I'm about to buy some film for my Rolleiflex, and I've narrowed it down to either Efke 25, or Rollei Pan 25, any advice?
    Thanks,
    Buggleskelly

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've used dilute Suprol commercially back in the 70's/80's for films and it's superb, very fine grained great tonal range, but a slight loss in film speed. I used to buy it in 25 litre drums :D

EFKE 25 is really nice film I've been using it since the 1970's :wink:

Ian

3. garbar

garbar Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    first hi all im new to this forum suprol im not sure how to use it can any one help i have 1ltr consentrait to mix with 9 lts of water do i then have to mix with more water i.e 1-19 after the first mix to dev a film or is the first mix then usable if that makes any sence to anyone thanks