Charles Farmer Workshops

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by Jeffrey, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I've signed up for a fall session with Chuck Farmer. Anyone have any experience to share about his workshops?

2. Kerik

Kerik Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Jeffrey,

I can only give you second hand info, but a good friend of mine has attended several of Chuck's workshops and has spoken very highly of them. And the fact she is a repeat customer says a lot given the many choices in workshops available.

3. Early Riser

Early Riser Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When I was shooting out west earlier this year,in Death Valley, I ran into Chuck Farmer and a workshop group of his. I didn't do any of the workshop stuff, although I did attend a quick demo of polaroid transfers, but I can say from the dinners I attended with them that everyone appeared to be quite pleased with the workshop. Charles Farmer is a very capable photographer and from what I could surmise gives a very good and enjoyable workshop.

I think one of the keys to a good workshop is not just the choice of the photographer giving the workshop but the location as well.

4. Ben Hopson

Ben Hopson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jeffrey, I have attended six of Chuck's workshops and will be going to Zion in November, my second time there. I assume that the Zion workshop is the one you have signed up for. I don't think you will be dissapointed. Chuck is a very good photographer and instructor and the participants in the workshops are folks with a common love of photography.

The days are full, usually beginning with the morning light and ending late at night with dinners, presentations and lectures.

There are usually several "repeat" attendees at Chuck's workshops and that says a lot about the effort he puts into making it a worthwhile experience.