Charlottesville, VA: "From New York to Sarajevo"

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by jvarsoke, Feb 4, 2006.

1. jvarsoke

jvarsoke Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    My first show went up this week. The opening was last night. Of the 10 prints in the exhibit I sold 3. One other was marked NFS and I've had an inquiry on that too.

The show is called: "From New York to Sarajevo" and contrasts the visual similarities of the two cities, with the cultural differences found in the people's interactions.

Anyway, if you're in the area, stop on by. The show is up at the MudHouse on the Downtown Mall. February 3rd through 27th.

One of the prints in the show can be found on my newly started photoblog: GhostManOnFirst
    -jason

2. jvarsoke

jvarsoke Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    Oh, and it's all street photos: B&W silver, developed and printed myself; that is to say Analog.

3. haris

haris Guest

And we in Sarajevo can see show when?... :smile:

4. jvarsoke

jvarsoke Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    Uhm. When a gallery invites me to show it there?

:wink:

update: sold 4 prints, now. Not bad for a first show, right?

5. Timothy

Timothy Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Good onya jvarsoke !

I like the images and I think that your idea of showing similarities/differences of two cultures is a tremendous one. Best of luck with future sales and I do hope that you get shows in other cities too.

Tim R

6. haris

haris Guest

Jvarsoke, what I can do is to connect you with galleries in Sarajevo, and rest wouild be up to you and them... They willnot invite you if they don't know about your existence... :smile:

7. jvarsoke

jvarsoke Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    That would be pretty great. I'm visiting Croatia around May. I'd love to get in contact with a gallery in Sarajevo. I'll send you my personal email and info in a private message here on the forum. I have several Bosnian friends who live in town, so if I need someone to translate for me, I'm sure they'd be willing.

-jason