Check out this auction.

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by BruceN, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceN

BruceN Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well, i will go with mis- leading the public.

there is an up an coming conference on the west coast this spring, sponsored by Ilford. Our own Les will be one of the speakers.

I find it strange that Ilford is out setting up conferences and workshops on one hand and going out of business on the other; however, i am no expect either.

3. Andy K

Andy K Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have seen nothing of Ilford laying off half their workforce. This sounds like a seller trying to create a bit of panic buying.

4. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have found this seller to be less than ethical. Do a search on collect888 here on apug or check his feedback.

5. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This guy is a crook, I have tried to buy film from him in the past, and it is always a different story with him, I eventually got a refund from him, but it was only after ebays investigation department got involved, he told me that the listing was correct, but somehow he ran out of the film and was waiting for another shipment and would send when it got in, well after 4 months still no film and still the same story...

I would not recommend him to anyone...

Dave

6. BruceN

BruceN Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I kinda figured I'd hear about something like that here before I saw it on an ebay auction. Never hurts to check, though... :smile:

Bruce

7. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There was a lot of debating with him, here on apug a while back. My guess is he wrote the ad a long time ago and just did a relisting.

8. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmmmm...maybe he's still lurking on APUG. I just clicked through on this listing and there's nothing in it about Ilford being in trouble...but the listing's been revised. Well, at least now it reads like an honest listing.

But my opinion of this seller is based strictly on his behavior here on APUG, and he'll never get any of my money. I wish eBay offered a way to block a seller from appearing in search results. "Ignore" is such a useful feature on any web site. :smile:

9. John Bartley

John Bartley Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    It's an interesting sale listing. There are apparently ten lots available. The ad says that the sale is for 3 boxes of film with 25 sheets in each and 75 sheets total. Sooooo does that mean that the 10 lots is incorrect or are there actually 750 sheets available with 10 lots of three boxes available for a total of 30 boxes and not three?

I'm confused :confused:

10. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yeah...the auction has been "cleaned" up. Maybe it was because I emailed him.

11. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    He is still a crook

Dave

12. collect888

collect888 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry I was busy in acquiring some 50,000+ rolls of short dated pro films recently and always rely on the very awkward eBay's software for automatic relisting my auctions. Just like David said it is a relisting and the listing was written long time ago. I modified the listing to prevent buyers confusion - I am a frequent APUG visitor when I have time, but sometimes I won't be here for many days. If you have any question the best way to contact me is via my website www.collect888.com.

For that old listing what I wanted to do is to stimulate buyers' urgency. The discontinue of film production is not a rare news in last few months. I was selling Kodak Tech Pan 120 for $4 or $5 per roll a few months ago and now it is selling for $18 per roll on eBay. Someone paid me a few thousand dollars to get a few hundred rolls of Tech Pan 120 because no one else has the film.

Just before the summer there are not a lot of attentions on Agfa's APX 120 films and suddenly last few weeks I saw a surge of sales for my APX 120. By now not a lot of dealers stock this films. I have stocked a lot of b&w films including APX when the rumors floating around. It seems my urgency is paid off now - I have many case of APX 100 and 400 120 films in stock today.

My advice to film users: be alert and have some urgency. When necessary, buy enough of your favorite films and freeze them. You can go with digital any time but it is difficult to keep doing analog when there is no film stock you like.

===

Now let me waste some key strokes:

mrcallow received from me a non positive feedback a few years ago on eBay and that is why he "have found this seller to be less than ethical".

I am not sure Satinsnow's story but at least he got all his money back. eBay ID satinsnow has a "-1" feedback score - an appropriate way to define a crook.

13. Mateo

Mateo Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    "what I wanted to do is to stimulate buyers' urgency"

Is that kinda like stimulating exit urgency by yelling fire in a crowded movie theatre?

To stimulate urgency when none is warranted, for the purpose of personal gain defines unethical crook better than anything else that crosses my mind at the moment.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What the hell are you talking about, that I have a -1 feedback score, I have one feedback on this system and that is for an item I purchased and it is a positive!!!!, as is all of my ebay feedback! ,please explain what your talking about?

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

16. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe an appropriate definition would be, "One who purposefully provides misleading information in an attempt to slander another." Dave of SatinSnow's eBay feedback isn't -1, but since you apparently don't know enough about eBay to figure out what his eBay seller ID is, you wouldn't know that. It took me all of 2 minutes to find out what his feedback rating is, and I guarantee you that it's a whole lot better than "-1".

And he hasn't managed to rack up 75 non-positive feedback ratings in the last year, like someone who's involved in this thread.

17. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Tsk - he was doing so well until that little outburst at the end. If you care to notice 888 (or can I call you collect?) the satinsnow you refer to is in the UK, not the US - only one letter, but a small matter of 3,500+ miles.

Anyone can view your feedback and it is riddled with complaints of long delays of the sort Dave reports.

18. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    oh boy...here we go again.

19. collect888

collect888 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    To balance your findings, there are 5000+ positive feedbacks in my eBay feedback records too.

20. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    David,

We don't have to go anywhere, someone asked a question this morning, I answered based on the experiances I have had with the seller of this particular item, the information I posted was truthful and correct, based on my experiance, then the seller posted slanderous information about me, which is not true and has no basis in truth...

It does not need to go into the area of "here we go again" of course I imagine, some may have a different opinion, such as you did, when you had a bad experiance a few months ago with a film purchase and continued to post for about three pages with your film purchase experiance.!

Dave

21. collect888

collect888 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You can see for yourself. Here is the eBay link:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=satinsnow

22. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Your incorrect information you posted about me, still is not explained is it, you posted incorrect information, you slandered me, I did not slander you, I posted information based on the experiance I had with your company, which was not good, I would expect you would retract your incorrect posting about me and my company.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

I have tried to purchase from you in the past, and have received the run around, sorry, that is the truth, I have never left feedback about you, but would not try to purchase from you, and cannot in all honesty recommend your company to my friends.

23. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format

That may be fine and dandy, but that is NOT my ebay ID, my ebay ID is satinsnowglass, I work in the ground glass business, and have a 100% feedback rating unlike you, and we all know that it does not matter what you do right, but it always matters what you do wrong, the person you are linking to, is located in the UK, and stopped using the ID after we sent him a stop letter from our lawyer, I am currently and active user of ebay as well as this website and have a very good reputation through out the photography industry.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=satinsnowglass&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS

This is the link to my ebay feedback.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass
    www.satinsnowglass.com

24. laz

laz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Please, we are not idiots, there are ebay sellers with many times your sales with nary a single negative.

A feedback score of 97.9 is nothing to be proud about and well below the level I would even consider bidding even if you had the last scrap of Tri-X on earth.

25. collect888

collect888 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok we had enough here. I am happy you are not this Satinsnow.

laz127: there is no further discussion needed if you are not planning to buy films from me. I agree you are not an idiot and I pay full respect to your decision.

26. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That is fine, you feel enough is enough, unfortunately, you posted incorrect information about me, I posted based on my experiance with your company, which I have tried to purchase from more than once, you were in the wrong, I still feel you don't deal honestly, and after this exchange will never feel you deal honestly..

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.