Chrome Nikon FE - needs a fix

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jhw, Jun 7, 2012.

1. jhw

jhw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I bought this BGN from keh a bit ago. Worked fine...until a few days ago, when:
    1) the mirror stopped returning down...it just sticks open now, and I have to take the lens off and flip the lever to bring it back down
    2) perhaps related to the above, the film winder won't move past being turned on; so, to test this mirror issue, I've just reset the shutter from inside, manually moving the winder, as the stroke winder just won't get past 'on'. Included is a 2-month old FE battery...so that's good :smile: Actually, focus, meter, etc., is all functioning as it should...so if you know how to clean up old oil to have the mirror return, then this could be functional again as a whole.

$20 + $3 shipping (first class)

DSC_0093.JPG
    DSC_0090.JPG
    DSC_0088.JPG
    DSC_0082.JPG

2. Terry Christian

Terry Christian Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just posted in another thread about someone else having a camera with a similar problem. Sometimes, all that's needed in a case like this is to replace the mirror bumper foam. If you don't have a foam kit, just cut down a bit of the felt from a spent 35mm film canister to fit, and apply it with some rubber cement or other light adhesive (no super glue). Super easy to do!

3. vfalendysh

vfalendysh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PM Sent.

4. jhw

jhw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you Terry, much appreciated!

5. jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi Member