cirkut/other roll film special order

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by jamie young, Jun 1, 2006.

1. jamie young

jamie young Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Multi Format
    I was thinking of special ordering some 6 1/2",7" and 8" cirkut thickness forte film (either 200 or 400-haven't decided which yet). I got good pricing a few years ago when I got 400 feet of 16" film, but wouldn't mind going in with others for this order. Does anyone want any of these sizes of film?
    The 6 1/2 works for the 6 outfit and larger, the 7" would be for my al vista, which I've just started using and really enjoying, and the 8 would fit an 8 outfit or larger. Last film came on 100 foot rolls.Don't have any costs yet, but wanted to check interest. Anyone interested? It would take a bit to arrange and order.
    Jamie Young in madison WI
  2. Ed Workman

Ed Workman Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Med. Format Pan
    I'm very interested in participating for #6 or #8 size 400 preferred, but 200 gratefully accepted. It surely would ease some of my learning curve pain, and be fun besides.

I recall you inquired about Kodak color. I found this and have ordered a couple of rolls that Cecil had on hand. He retired a coupla years ago.

I tried the Kodak number and was put on ignore/hold for longer than I could wait.

From a website:

> Kodak 10"x6' Portra 160 NC-Cat #847 0940. No minimum.
    >400 speed10"x6' Cat# 157 5109 I don't recall which 400 speed emulsion this is. >Minimum order is 100 rolls. Cecil Simpson (listed below) usually coordinates an order >of 400 film at least once a year.
    >Kodak also accepts special orders for 10" bulk rolls of Portra 160 NC. Cat# 1152867 >Can't remember the length. Minimum of 10 rolls. I have been told that the problem >with supplying spooled film is both the labor and the supplies (boxes, spools, leaders, >foil sleeves), hopefully the bulk film will be available even after the factory spooled >film is gone.
    >Kodak's toll free information number in the US is 800-242-2424. Ext 19 will get you to >Professional Imaging where you can find out about current availability of these items.

>Cecil Simpson orders 10"x6' Portra 160 NC with no minimum and generally has the >absolute lowest price. He also puts together orders for 400 speed 10"x6'. While the >retail price of the 400 is only a bit more than the 160, actual selling price is >considerably higher because of a different discount structure.
    >Box 774
    >High Rolls NM, 88325

Please keep me informed and thanks