Clearfile negative pages in UK

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Snapper, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Snapper

Snapper Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I've been buying my Clearfile neg pages off 7dayshop for years, but for whatever reason they've stopped selling them, apart from a few 35mm mounted slide pages.

Does anyone know where else I can get them from in the UK. I've found a few places online, but they want to charge me £8 plus in postage just for one or two packs.

Failing that, any other suggestions for clear 35mm & 6x7 neg storage pages?

2. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Snapper

Snapper Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Ah, so I see. Double the price of Clear file pages though.

4. Wishy

Wishy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes, I'm slightly annoyed too.

I've bought some on their kenro ones for the moment. Otherwise its an A4 document wallet and some staples

5. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 'Printfile' products are very effective.

Tom

6. Snapper

Snapper Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks - I may give it a try then. Trouble is, they only do 35mm in packs of 100 - I can't see me ever shooting that much 35mm!

7. Matt5791

Matt5791 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As far as I am aware, Clearfile are no longer in business.

There is Kenro, who do offer clear neg sleeves very much the same as clearfile. We have just opened our account with Kenro and will be stocking these shortly, packs of 25 or 100, as well as the semi clear ones.

Matt

8. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Matt,

The Kenro sheets work well but lack the ability to see negative detail before pulling a strip of film. However, with the paper Kenro sleeves there is probably less likely hood of damage by unwelcome grit or dust.

Tom

9. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have a pack of Kenro translucent paper pages (KNF 15, 100 pages, 7 strips of 6 frames for 135) and the leaflet (catalog) in it mentions "clear print-through acetate pages" (KNF 17). The equivalent for 120 is KNF 16.

10. John Lawrence

John Lawrence Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Are Clearfile out of business?

I know it's not a very good indicator, but their website still seems to be up and 'fresh'. In addition, their products are still being supplied by Firstcall Photographic and another UK distributor - albeit with the high delivery charge mentioned by the O.P.

I've used Clearfile for a number of years and so would be grateful to learn whether they definitely are out of business.

11. Matt5791

Matt5791 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can't confirm if they are still around or not. About a year ago I tried to buy some from Firstcall, and they had none, and the message was they were no more.......but this now looks incorrect.

12. JohnRB

JohnRB Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  13. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've had serious issues with the Clearfile range. I would strongly recommend accepting the higher cost of the Printfile range.

Tom

14. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Me to, I'm glad someone else started this thread.

15. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    OK sorry for the revival I have now completely ran out of 8x10" pages for contacts, Calumet don't sell it, Jacob's want my first born child and Jessop's want a virgin sacrifice, and yes I did spell it Jessop's and Jacob's, because they're also too stupid to spell their names right.
    I see it's on Firstcall for just £3.49 for 25 pages but the postage is like £7.50 I think, that's just pathetic it's as if they want me to NOT buy stuff from them, I would have to buy at least 4 for it to be worth it, but I don't want that much, why is it so hard for these people to adjust postage costs for stuff that obviously doesn't cost much to post?

16. Snapper

Snapper Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Yes, I looked at Firstcall, but they had quite a few items (i.e. the ones that I wanted) out of stock.

17. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Give javerette a call - I had a stack of the clearfile sleeves of them and I got charged postage at cost. Very reasonable people to deal with in my opinion.

18. rulnacco

rulnacco Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Count me in as another plugger for Javerette Sleeving. On Friday I placed an order for two packs of 25 ClearFile 120 negative sleeves. They charged me £5.64 (including VAT) for each, and the postage was only £2.80. And they arrived the very next day in the post, to my pleased surprise! So, definitely, give Javerette a shout for your ClearFile pages. Good prices on products and postage, and excellent service.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
  19. David_A

David_A Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ok this seems to be a good thread to ask this in, I've got Kenro 120 neg sleeves but am having great difficulty in finding a binder big enough to hold them safely. Anyone know where to get negative binders from in the UK?
    David

20. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Managed to find some oversized binders at my local stationary supplier for a couple of quid each. (Javerette may also have something in stock).