Cokin 'P' Filter for Infrared

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Andrew Moxom, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well after the back order status, I got my Cokin P infrared filter sent and what I got inside the Cokin 'P' series case was a Cokin 'A' series IR gel inside a little holder that makes it into a 'P' series.... What a crock. I have to use the Cokin P wide angle adaptor as it is with my Hasselblad 500 CFi lens or I get vignetting. So with this adaptor, it's back to vignetting! I checkd by taking out the filter and just inserted the A to P spacer. At any rate, thought I would share my frustration and ask if anytone else has experienced this? I have an email into Adorama who seems to be the only outfit that has the Cokin filters available right now. It should be a 'P' series and appropriately sized Gel. What say the experts??

2. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sounds like what you were sent is the Cokin filter that came with the SFX promo packs that Ilford sold last year. My P IR filter is the real deal, fits nicely into the Cokin holder.

3. timbo10ca

timbo10ca Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    it's the #007, I believe.

Tim

4. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    timbo10ca, correct, the plastic case says P007 89B on it complete with a 'P' series mark on the top left of the label......Contents prove otherwise. No word yet from Adorama...

5. timbo10ca

timbo10ca Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's idiocy! Mine is full "P" sized....

Tim