Collectors' Show

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by papagene, Jan 17, 2009.

1. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A few of you know that I just curated an exhibition at the Valley Photo Center here in Springfield called the Collectors' Show. I asked several people I know if they would loan a few prints from their personal collections for the exhibit. Well I got a pretty good response and was able to hang a very nice show.

I would like to thank the APUGers who participated: Art Liam; Barry Dial; Christine Pratt; Steve Sherman and Whitey Morange. And thanks to the non-APUGers also: Diana Mara Henry; Bernie Kubiak; James Langone and Paul Hetzel.

Of course there are quite a few APUGers represented with work up on the walls: Scott Killian; Danial Lin (with two photos!); John Brewer; PhotoPete (whatever happened to Pete?) Suzanne Revy; David A Goldfarb; Jim Moore (is Jim still around?); Monty McCutchen; Lee Carmichael; Nigel Smith; Wolfgang Moersch; Steve Sherman; Art Liam and Leon Taylor.

A few of the well know photogers represented in the show are Paul Strand, Wynn Bullock, Edna Bullock, Clyde Butcher.

Below are a few pics (sorry that they are digi-snaps, but if I shot it with 35mm it would be next year before I could post them :surprised: ) that I took today.

Thank you all for your generosity in helping with the show.

gene

Attached Files:

2. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    DOH!! I forgot to mention the exhibit is up on the walls from Jan 13 through Feb 13, with a reception on Thurs eve Jan 29 from 6:00 - 8:00.

gene