Colour head for Omega D2

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by Craig, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Craig

Craig Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've just been given an Omega D2 with the variable condensor head and 3 lenses (28, 50, 75). It's set up for 35mm, but looks like it has the 4x5 condensors. I'd like to put a colour head on it to make Ilfochromes, although my primary printing will be B&W.
    Will a Super Chromega head fit on it, as I'm seeing one on E bay for a good price?

Now I need to pick up lens that will cover 4x5 and a neg carrier for 4x5.

2. brimc76

brimc76 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a Super Chromega D head on my Omega. I'm not sure but I think the "D" designation is for 4x5.

Attached Files:

3. Louis Nargi

Louis Nargi Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    omega D2

I'M not sure ether, but there someone who can answer that question for you. His name is Harry Talyer he owns Classic Enlargers his phone # is 1-203-329-9228. He use to work for them as an enginer and after retirement he started this co. He may even be able to help you with the coler head.

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Join Harry Taylor's Omega enlarger forum at www.classic-enlargers.com, and all questions will be answered. I believe you can put a Super Chromega II D head on a D-2 if you change the lifter arms, which are a bit different on the later enlargers than on the D-II and D-2.

If you have the variable condensor head (D-2V), then there is only one set of condensors. You change the position of the lens in the middle, I believe, for different focal lengths.

5. Craig

Craig Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link, I'll look there. The pic looks like what I want to do, so it seems possible right now. Yes, It's a D2 V enlarger. Thanks!

6. Craig

Craig Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I checked out Harry's forum and he said that yes, it will fit. Thanks for pointing me to the forum.